Stray, the popular cat adventure game created by BlueTwelve Studio and published by Annapurna Interactive, is now being made into an animated movie by Annapurna Pictures’ animation division. This is the same team that recently released Nimona from DNEG Animation.
In Stray, which was released last summer on PlayStation, Xbox, and PC, players find themselves in a futuristic city where they can explore, go on exciting adventures, and solve mysteries. The main character is a cat who is trying to find their way back home with the help of their robot friend B12.
Entertainment Weekly broke the news about Stray’s animated adaptation. Although there aren’t many details available at this early stage, it seems that Annapurna Animation aims to create a movie that stays true to the original game while also being respectful in its approach.
Robert Baird, the head of Annapurna Animation, spoke about his thoughts on Stray. He said, “This game revolves around what makes us human even though there are no humans in it.” He described it as a buddy comedy between a cat and a robot with a hilarious dynamic. The animation team wants to capture something emotional in their adaptation and bring out the essence of the game’s story.
Baird further expressed that he believes this movie will be unique and groundbreaking. He said, “If we do justice to this adaptation, it will be the first and greatest hopepunk movie ever made.” Hopepunk refers to optimism as a form of resistance.
We don’t have any information yet on when the Stray adaptation will be released in cinemas. In the meantime, if you haven’t played the video game yet, there’s plenty of time to do so. Lottie Lynn from Eurogamer recommended it as a touching story about human desires for those who may not appear human at first glance.
What Children will Enjoy
- Children will enjoy watching the animated movie adaptation of Stray, a popular cat adventure game.
- The movie is about a cat and a robot who go on funny adventures together.
- It takes place in a futuristic city and has exciting exploration and mystery.
- Even though there are no humans in the movie, it is all about what makes us human.
- Annapurna Pictures’ animation arm is turning the beloved game Stray into an animated movie.
- The game was released last summer on PlayStation, Xbox, and PC.
- The movie aims to capture the emotional essence of the game’s story.
- The animation team wants to create something that feels “impossible” but still tells the story well.
- There is no release date for the movie yet, so there is plenty of time to play the original game.