David Thompson, one of the co-designers of the Undaunted series, is working on an exciting new collection of solo card games called Battle Card. These games are all about World War II and allow players to take control of different armies during famous battles from that time.
The first game in the collection is called Battle Card: Market Garden. In this game, players command the Allied Forces during the iconic battle of Operation Market Garden, which took place in September 1944. The goal is for the Allies to forge a path through German-occupied Netherlands territory and establish an invasion route into Northern Germany.
As a solo game, you will be in control of the 1st, 82nd, and 101st Airborne Divisions of the Allied Armies. Your mission is to take control of your respective sectors and clear a path for the 30th Corps to reach Arnhem. The game is designed to be simple to play with just a single sheet map, a few rules, and some dice.
In Battle Card: Market Garden, conflicts are resolved using a combat results table. This table determines whether the Allies or the German Army have the advantage in each sector. You will have six turns to ensure that the 30th Corps reaches their objective; otherwise, you lose the game. This is just the first game in Series 1 of Battle Card, so there will be more exciting entries in this franchise coming soon.
Battle Card: Market Garden is being co-designed by David Thompson and Nils Johansson, who is also an art director and graphic designer for various board games. David Thompson has also worked on other war games like War Chest with Trevor Benjamin.
The publisher for Battle Card is Postmark Games, known for their expertise in print-and-play games like Voyages, Aquamarine, and Waypoints.
If you’re interested in playing Battle Card: Market Garden or supporting its development, keep an eye out for the Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign launching in September. It’s a great opportunity to experience the excitement and strategy of World War II battles in a fun and accessible way.
What Children will Enjoy
- Battle Card is a collection of solo card games about World War II.
- Players get to command armies and take part in important battles from the Second World War.
- The first game in the series is called Battle Card: Market Garden, where players control the Allied Forces during a famous battle in 1944.
- The game is designed to be simple to play, with a single sheet map, some rules, and dice needed to play.
- Battle Card is co-created by David Thompson, who also worked on the Undaunted series.
- Players take control of the 1st, 82nd, and 101st Airborne Divisions of the Allied Armies.
- The goal of the game is to make a path for the 30th Corps to reach Arnhem within six turns.
- The game uses a combat results table to determine who has an advantage in each sector.
- Battle Card: Market Garden will be published by Postmark Games and will have a Kickstarter campaign launching in September.