An exciting new game called Tiny Mini Golf is coming soon, and it’s all about designing your own mini golf courses and playing against your friends. In this roll-and-write game, you will need to use both your creativity and golfing skills to come out on top.
The game is divided into two parts. First, you get to create your own unique course on a gridded sheet. You will roll dice to determine the different types of terrain that must be included in your course, such as bunkers and water hazards. This is where your design skills come into play!
Once everyone has finished designing their courses, you swap sheets with your opponents and start playing. You will roll more dice to determine the accuracy and power of your swings. The goal is to sink the ball into the hole using as few shots as possible, while overcoming the challenges created by your rival players.
Designing your course and playing against others should take around 20 to 40 minutes.
Tiny Mini Golf was originally created by designer Kamis Kaminski for a game design contest on BoardGameGeek. It won awards for Best Multiplayer Game and Best Written Rules. Since then, Kaminski has added a spectator mode and even tested a version for solo play.
On September 26th, Kaminski plans to launch a Kickstarter campaign for a printable version of the game. The artwork for the game will be done by Polish artist Dixie Leota. Additionally, players will have the option to download dice faces so they can recreate the custom dice used in the game at home. There are also digital die faces available for those who prefer using virtual dice rollers.
Get ready to unleash your creativity and golfing skills with Tiny Mini Golf!
What Children will Enjoy
Children will enjoy playing Tiny Mini Golf, a roll-and-write game that combines designing golf courses with playing mini golf. They can challenge their friends to beat the courses they create and try to sink the ball in as few shots as possible. It’s a fun and engaging game that allows them to use their creativity and strategy skills.
- Tiny Mini Golf is a roll-and-write game about mini golf.
- Players create custom courses on gridded sheets by rolling dice to determine the terrain types like bunkers and water.
- The game is divided into two phases: designing your own course and playing your opponent’s course.
- The goal is to overcome your rival’s course using as few shots as possible.
- Designing and playing should take between 20 and 40 minutes.
- Tiny Mini Golf won awards in the Best Multiplayer Game and Best Written Rules categories in a game design contest on BoardGameGeek.
- There will be a Kickstarter campaign for a print-and-play version of the game, featuring art by Dixie Leota.
- Players can download dice faces for terrain and golf shots or use digital die faces for virtual play.